Monday, October 21, 2013

I Ate Pig Skin

Dear Mom,

This week has been good and hard.  I got pretty sick again, so that was not fun in the slightest, but oh well, can't do too much about that. As far as the mission goes this week was very rough because we taught very little, knocked a lot and pretty much no one answered their doors... But what can you do?  We just have to keep knocking the doors.

(I was worried after last weeks letter, him telling me he didn’t have a light on his bike)Don't worry we are always careful on our bikes.  I am answering your email pretty much by paragraph so if they are a little scatterbrained I am sorry.

(During Ben’s senior year he attended UTA in Cedar City and found a BBQ place he loved!! He always wanted us to try it, but we were never able to catch them open. This last week while we were down south we were able to finally find it) I love that BBQ place, it is super good!! Brooklyn didn’t want to eat there!?!?! Why it is amazing? They even have mac n cheese. And now there is one in Hurricane!!! That is sick, I am so excited to be able to eat there a ton! 
I haven’t looked at the pictures yet so I will have to after I am done with this email.   

*I have added the pictures that we sent to Ben this week so his comments will make more sense.

Don't worry about the shooting thing mom, you and I will have to practice together because I don't know how good I will be after my mission, 2 years without shooting a single thing, that could be very very rough. But if I was there with you guys, man I would have done some woopin bahahaha!! I love shooting, it is probably one of my favorite all time things to do! Yes I feel like all of our family are pretty good shots.  Brooklyn will have to work really hard to be able to compete with me though ;) hahaha. I love it down south, Zion’s is awesome and I was surprised how many people haven’t been.
  


Bahahahahaha I can see it right now Brooklyn having a freakout and than you freaking out too and Dad just laughing and laughing (as I would have too) and than finally watching you trying to get a picture of it as it would walk at you and watch you all scream hahaha. Woooo!! That would be funny. 

Yes I believe I have been to Grafton a while ago, I do not remember though, at least not off the top of my head. I bet fall break has been nice.

On the mission front, as I said earlier, a rough week... Ivonne y Jesus are still are struggling after the anti, I really don't know what will happen with them... It makes me sad. It is now as if I see them as like family which makes it all the more hard. We haven’t been able to get in contact with Roberto, so I do not know. Fransico and his family are doing well, we have FHE with them tonight so we will see how that goes. They have started praying again as a family, so we are hoping they are getting back on track.   Other than that, not much new is going on here in the mission this week. Although, I did make my first planner cover, I figured I would start on the one where I hit six months in the field. (I do not know what he is referring to when he talks about the planner.)  

My health hasn't been great. I got pretty sick Saturday and Sunday.  I still went out and worked, although I wasn't much good in a lesson, I was doing pretty bad. But I’m on the mend right now, so just keep going and running forward with faith. My Spanish is getting better everyday but I feel pretty good, I can communicate and understand most things, so that is nice. Weather wise, it has gotten colder especially biking at night.  I had to bust out the big coat, it sometimes makes me a little too warm, but it works for now. Although, I will have to get gloves because my hands like freeze to the handle bars.  It got down to like 42 at night with a brisk wind, I was sick and biking home, that was a rough 25 min. Journey and my companion also wasn’t feeling well.

I am glad you had a great Sunday lesson; those always make the weeks go much smoother and Sundays amazing. As pretty much every single one is here on the mission.

(Last week when he emailed us I happened to be in my email, so we shared two quick email messages back and forth, it made me really miss him, knowing he was typing to me right at that moment.)Well if that made you teary than it will be interesting when it goes from that, to my being in a lesson with the missionaries in our home with you and the fam. In our email from the Pres. He was talking about how that stuff will work when it comes, which probably won't be till about June of this coming year. But that we wont just teach here through the internet but also our home-towns to friends the are not members and family lessons. So that was really shocking when I read that and instantly a few friends popped into mind... So that will be something very weird when it comes. (This whole last paragraph didn’t make a lot of sense to us, we assume it has something to do with the way the missionaries are going to be utilizing the internet soon.  It sounded as though they could teach a lesson with us participating via skype or something of that nature?)

Other than that nothing really too new on this end.  One cool thought I wanted to share by Pres Monson, and I can’t remember if I shared it already or not, but it is pretty much “from the bed of sorrow and pillow of tears we ascend heaven ward”. Also one of Robert D. Hales old talks where he says “after the trial of fire and when we have our new resolution and we wait on the Lord, saying thy will be done”. I really liked those thoughts because it makes the hard days have so much more worth than they did before, and everyday just better. I can testify to that, that is so very true though, often times the trials and suffering we go through make us the person we need to be for tomorrow. I have seen this a lot on my mission.

Well I love you all so very much and I hope everything goes great for you at home this week. I love you all and can't wait to hear from you soon.

Love, Elder Paxman


Dear Bailee and Kyle,

I really enjoyed the quotes this week they were really really good. So now you are quite the little chef huh, I never would have thunk it. haha. Yea it does probably make it more fun when you are preparing food for other people. Speaking of food I had pig skin yesterday.... It was disgusting, it was like slurping slimy raw meat!!!. Blahhh I want to gag just thinkin about it... (Bailee made Crepes for dinner) Crepes, I love crepes and we never have stuff like that out here, so that is something I miss and is probably one of the first foods I want when I get home, BREAKFAST FOOD!!!!! My favorite as I am sure you know.

It sounds like you had a really fun break, even though you were alone for a part of it. I guess marriage never promised days of not being alone, just never lonely days. haha Came up with that myself, pretty good huh

Well on the mission front nothing really new this week, it was rough, very little lessons and lots of knocking to no avail, but what can you do just have to keep pressing forward. Well other than that don't have much updates on the mission.  I guess just remember that true faith is never stagnant and will push us to a brighter and better future. Well I love you both so very much and hope you have a great week and I can't wait to hear about the next weeks crazy adventures. Hope to hear from you soon.

Love, Elder Paxman, tu hermano



No comments: