Monday, November 4, 2013

Called and Chosen by God

Dear Mom,

I do love the snow when it is the big snowflakes and I don’t have to shovel.

That is sad that you had to carve a pumpkin for yourself.  Your right you have to have at least one Jack-o-lantern out front on Halloween. Speaking of which we got to do a haunted house for the kids at a trunk or treat activity.  The young women asked us to help, they gave me a scream mask. Sadly we made quit a few kids cry and I am afraid they wont like us much anymore, it was really fun though. Yes my compa and I played with the Halloween things you sent and took plenty of pictures with the Halloween glasses on.  We used the night light too, don't worry haha.

Oh Oh Oh before I forget, interesting story, so this last Monday after six a member took us out to this place to eat, it was called 45 degrees.  I felt like I entered into the movie Tron when I walked in, it was way cool and weird. So we sit down and a waitress comes over looks at us for a second and she than asks “are you all 21”, after being taken aback for a second we are like no.... She than says this is technically a bar and you can’t be here bahahahahaha!!!  My favorite member of all time who is super solid took the missionaries to a BAR!!!!! We couldn’t stop laughing after we got out of the resturant.  It was hilarious and he was like great now you are going to tell your parents I took you to a bar... So that was funny!  After we left the bar, he took us to a sushi place which was really good. He is awesome his name is Hermano Martinez.

Well it was really weird, the Doc appointment... He came in and sat down, I asked him the questions, he gave a few suggestions, but than said, really eat whatever you want.  Peoples bodies are different, so I was like okay, he then said I was a smart kid and knew what I was doing. Than he had me lay down on the table and he looked at my stomach and asked how often did you meet with your Doc back home... I said well recently very rarely but we went a time where I saw him at six month intervals.  The doctor said great that is what we shall do.... I was in my head like WHAT!!!??!?!? That's it..... Ok I am cool with that, he also filled the prescriptions I have and said to use them if I need to. He also said that if there is anytime I need to come in before April, just come on in.... So that was really weird... He didn’t even talk about the test results or anything, I was lost... So I am going to call his nurse today and ask her the same questions and also get the prescriptions just in case, as well as ask about the tests and what they thought and all that... So overall the Doc was super weird.... We will see how things go as time goes on. He said you’re a tough kid and I wouldn’t be able to be in your shoes, than walked out the door!!! So it was way not what I expected. (blank look from mom here)

(I told him that I got a little emotional in Sunday school this past Sunday, and that I hate being such a cry baby) Don't worry I am a boob too mom. (I also told him about a poem that was shared in Young Women’s on Sunday about the ten virgins and told him I would send it to him.)I am up for the poem, actually there is another poem about what kind of Fisherman you will be, it is really good as well.

(I told him about the 100 years of scouting celebration broadcast)WHAT!!!???!?! I was not able to see this, Scouts were repelling from the ceiling, that is sick, that sounds super cool!!  I wish I could have seen that.

Transfers are the 20th of this month and the Mission President told me that for sure I am being transferred!!!! So I will have to let you know of all the new things when that happens. He also said that if another Doc appointment is needed that we will get me there no matter the distance. So that was good, but I am hoping no doctor’s appointments till April, because if I need one it will be because something isn’t right... Other than that in the mission a few exciting things happened.  One was that Ivonne and Jesus read from the middle of 1st Nephi all he way to Jacob!!! In less than a week, it was crazy!!  Also, that they really want to be baptized, but when they feel ready, so that will be great. So I will have to get permission from President to come back to this area when they do because they want me to baptize them. Another amazing thing is that Celeste is getting baptized this Saturday!!! I am way excited to be there for that. Other than that we had an investigator who is a Pastor in a Pentecost church come to church yesterday and bear his testimony.  During his testimony he had us stand up and he said that we have been called and chosen by God. And that he really needed this message in his life and he desires to be Baptized!!!! What!?!?! I know right! We have also only taught him twice and had felt he just bashed with us mostly, but who knows so we will see how all of that works out. Overall this week was really good in the mission and I am growing to love it more and more.

A quote by Elder Uchtdorf really stuck out to me this week, he says "It is not only our responsibility to Endure to the End, but to Endure it well." I really liked that quote this week it had a big affect on me. Well that was about it from the field this week, I hope everything is going well at home, and that you are all having fun. I love you all and hope everything goes amazing and I can't wait to hear from you next week.

Love, Tu Hijo,
Elder Paxman

P.S. I have two requests for music and you can just burn the CD's off of I tunes but I need Allreds Christmas Album and Ryan Shupe and the Rubberbands Chistmas album too. We are able to listen to pretty much all Christmas music, but I remember that these two were some of my favorites. Also "Mary did you know" and the song "Christmas shoes". Thanks Love You 


No comments: