Monday, April 28, 2014

The Temple was Amazing!!


 Elder Paxman and his compa Elder Markward.
 Elder Paxman and his compa and some others at the Louisville Kentucky Temple.
 Same Elders with the Branch President who took them, President Coffin.
Louisville, Kentucky Temple
Dear Mom,

I do have pictures from the Temple, but I don't have the things to attach them, so that will have to wait sorry... The temple was amazing, and I loved it as always, the new video was epic! It felt amazing to be back, and the whole event was really fun. Although the temple is tiny!! Hahaha or at least on the outside it looks like that. But, I am going to include more details about the temple later on in the email.

Do you eat at President Coffin’s house often?  We eat with the Coffins maybe once every other week.  I have eaten with them twice so far, and we probably will again once more before this transfer is over.

I received a picture of you via Elder Hjelms mom taken by Hermana Hernandez I think… Where was this?  I think you look good in it, not too skinny. We were at a dinner appointment with Maria De Los Angeles she is a really nice lady that feeds us every Sunday. Although I am glad I look good in the Pic because I felt terrible when it was taken, we went back to our house and I was way sick! So that really stunk.

How has your health been?  What about your energy level, you told daddy it was really low?  So overall my tummy is alright, I told Dad you guys could send out the vitamins and stuff.

(Ben’s sister Bailee graduated from College this week.) It sounds like the graduation thing went awesome! I am glad that she enjoyed it and that all went well. It is crazy to think that she has already graduated! That is so crazy... After this there is a ton of crazy adventures up ahead.

Oh just to let you know this letter might be a little shorter because we don't really have a p-day because of spending a day at the temple, so we have to be done with all our p-day stuff soon.

(I told Ben that news at home was that I had thrown out my back and his sister had to be grounded for typical teenage behavior..) It seems like you have thrown out your back more and more, be careful mom... Yeah Teenagers... Good thing I was never like that, bahahaha, if only... Hang in there mom we get better, well it might take her a few years yet to grow out of the teenage stuff, but hey I still get to miss a year of it so let’s look on the positive side bahahaha.

The weather here has been anything but severe.   It has rained once in the last few days and for maybe like 2 hours and not that hard.  It is cloudy today, but no rain yet. So the weather thing is not an issue it seems. When it does rain hard here it is beastly, but it is similar to when it rains hard in Utah.  I have been in worse in Utah.  The thing is here it is much more frequent and can be terrible. Driving isn't too bad although Indiana drivers are the worst in the entire nation I swear!! Yep it is still humid here and it will get worse as time goes on. I don't think I will ever miss mowing the lawn... EVER!! haha

The work is going about the same, nothing really new to report on.  The Diaz family is doing great, we are still teaching them and everything there is going good. My Spanish is alright and you are right about me being my own worst critic thing, I have always been that way though. Things are still going good with the companion. For transfers I am not sure what is going to happen, one of us is leaving for sure, maybe even both of us, so we will see. We pretty much know he is getting a new companion, but we don't know if it will be in this area or what... So he can't drive because he doesn't have all the licensing and stuff worked out, but he got a call from the car guy saying he needs to get his stuff ready because he just needs to. Now that either means he is training, which we don't think or that he is going with Elder Mancilla who also cannot drive because he got his privileges taken away. So he is freaking out poor guy. As for me and the whole transfer thing we have no idea what so ever. I am indifferent to go or stay, I would love to stay, I love the area and branch.  But I won't be torn apart if I leave either. On exchanges my companion met some new people, but we have not really met or started teaching any new people very consistently... I really like the complete Spanish branch it helps a lot with the language and I do understand everything!!  We don't really have a P-day today, because of the temple, and I am going to have to end my letter soon, so I can respond to others. I only have like 15 min left. The translation challenge is going alright, I have gotten behind a bit because we have had tons of meetings and stuff at the time I usually read, so I am trying to catch up a bit. I am actually really glad people are reading the blog I hope it is making a difference for someone out there. Oh quick side note, Get on Roo's case about that girl writing me!! I feel lonely, bahahaha, no not really but hey potentials mom come on!!

Ok so a little about the week. Mainly I want to talk about the temple. It was amazing the power of the spirit there is just amazing. I was fortunate to have the Celestial room to myself for about 5 min. This was an amazing experience. Although this week I have been thinking a lot on how we receive Revelation.  Especially out of D&C 8. I read that in the temple and it was really strong to me in that moment. I think it is amazing that we can pray to our heavenly father and receive answers on a daily basis and even more frequent than that!! It to me truly shows his love and His closeness to us. It is simply amazing how he can hear all of our prayers and answers them all when it is best for us. I think it is cool to ponder about when we pass on, how familiar His face will actually be, and all the memories that will come pouring back into our minds of times we walked and talked with our father and our Savior.

Well like I said this week’s letter is going to be shorter. But I love you all and hope you have a great week and that all goes well for everyone. You are all in my prayers constantly and I hope that this next week is filled with miracles and adventures even just the everyday ones, like no red lights or who knows. Well I love you and hope to hear from you soon. Although, next week will also be short because it will be transfer week p-day.

Love, your son, Elder Paxman





No comments: