Monday, December 22, 2014

Love, Elder Paxman and Christmas Juan o<[8{D

 Elder Paxman and Elder Ryan 

Mission Christmas Conference. 


Dear Mom,

I am doing pretty good.

How was the Mission Christmas Conference?  Did they feed you?  What other activities were there? The Christmas Conference was really nice. I enjoyed it. Although I forgot my camera so I will not have any pictures of it, that is okay I only went for my camera like twice was all haha. Yep they fed us, gave us our packages and they also had a talent show.  We also played bingo and a few other things. We also received spiritual training to start the meeting off.  Oh and they fed us baked potatoes, which was pretty good.

Did all the Elders and Sisters receive a Christmas package? All the elders and sisters received a package which was really cool.

Did you receive our packages there?  I hope you didn’t open them, they are for Christmas morning. I have not opened the two packages you gave me. I got three packages, two from you and one from gma and gpa. I did open gma and gpa’s package and there was grandmas homemade bread in it. I salvaged some of it. It was great!!

How have you and Elder Ryan been enjoying your 12 days of Christmas? We have really been enjoying it, so that has been awesome thank you so much for that. I have really liked all of the stories; there hasn't been one that I haven't liked.

I received a picture of you holding Share The Gift signs, where was this taken and who sent it to me in a text? Was it at a Branch Christmas party? Yea it was a branch family home evening slash Christmas party and I had President Nehring take those and send them to you.

If mail is accidentally sent to your old Seymour address will you still get it? Yes the Elders that live in Seymour still live in the same place I did, so it will get to them and then to me.

How is the work?  Any success in finding new investigators? The few new investigators are still in the works. The work this week was freakishly rough. It was a hard few days and it has been a hard last week, but we are hoping to change that, there is always room for improvement. We are teaching hardly anyone, we haven't been able to contact hardly anyone lately so that really bites, but we will go on. Bertin has gotten a new job and can hardly even meet with the Seymour Elders, so things are going rough on that end which makes me really really sad... So yea we will see how everything goes with him in the next few weeks. My companion and I are still getting along great! We are really working on just staying motivated and getting out and doing the work. It is hard at times, but we see the blessing of our work and sacrifice in just a short amount of time.  As far as new things going on... Not a lot, we are really working on teaching members and strengthening the branch since we are having a hard time finding new people to teach. Although, we still spend a lot of our time searching.

How is your weather?  Has it gotten any colder?  Have you had any snow?  Weather has gotten a little colder not much and it is still not snowing here. Which bites, but hopefully it will

Do you have plans for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?  Yes we are going somewhere for both Christmas Eve and Christmas so that will be really fun! I think the Seymour Elders might come up to Columbus, if they do I will probably spend a little personal funds, because we will go out to eat or buy something to cook at home.

So for Christmas, will it be a phone call, Face Time or Skype? Any idea on time?  Okay as far as I know it seems we will be skyping, the family we will be with on Christmas does not have an apple device so we will probably skype. It will probably be around 4:45-5 a clock your time. I will call on Christmas Eve to talk some more about that and if we need to change it. I am also excited to talk to you all for Christmas!! It should be really fun.

All the concerts with Brooklyn seem like a lot of fun. I hope it all went well. Red Robin sounds delicious, I haven't even seen one of those out here. They probably exist, but who knows where. hahaha Mom, I hate to tell you this, but the little dance recitals are probably just beginning, you will have a break for a few years till grand kids come along, and then a ton more. So sorry about that one hahaha.

I told him my shopping was almost done and I had changed our usual Christmas day menu and taken the Chips and Queso off since he is the one who loves that the most! That will be nice when all of the shopping is done. THE chips and queso better be back on the menu for next year!!! haha

Mom I also hate to break it to you but in about a week it will only be 6 months till I come home!!! It is scary how fast the time is going!! By the time I am done training Elder Ryan I will be 21 and only have like 4 and a half months left... So that is a scary thought for me!! All of my friends will start coming home here soon. Within the next 5 months almost all will be home. It is weird, I would have been one of the more recent ones to come home, but now I will probably be dead last hahaha. But you are right the up side to that is that hopefully everyone and there dog can come to my homecoming!! That would be awesome to see all my friends again! Plus we can have shades and everything like you said. Mainly, because I do not want to roast again like last time haha. Heck yea it is far off still, freaking goodness mom, you are more trunky than I am going to be

I sent him a picture of the Tree of Life in Draper and told him about it. That looks and sounds really cool!! I would like to see that one.

Okay so now for the spiritual note of the letter and also stories!! First, a somewhat humorous story. So one day we are sitting downstairs talking and Guapo a son of the Nehrings and a member in the branch says “hey Elders are you here”, we come up the stairs and stop as there is this tan puppy standing at the top of the stairs looking at us... I am like, "look a puppy"!!! We then pet it and Guapo comes out of the bathroom and is like could you elders watch this for me. I got it for my daughter and it is a secret. So I need it to stay somewhere for a while. So we were like sure, service right? When really in our minds we are like "We get to have a puppy!!!" So we have been watching the little terror for about 3 days now. It is a monster haha. Since it is an adorable puppy it chews everything, and it has not entirely been potty trained so it has used the bathroom several times in the house... So that has been a pain, but for the most part it is pretty fun to have a puppy in the house haha. So I get to have a puppy till probably about late Christmas Eve or early Christmas day!! I took pictures that you might get to see later on. So we have had some fun adventures with that. Another funny story my companion got hit on by a nurse, which made me laugh really really hard. Okay now the more spiritual stuff. So this week has been way hard to be motivated, I am not even entirely sure why. So one day we go out to visit an elderly member named Hermana Lopez. We arrive at her house and we knock and after a few seconds we get this eerie feeling... So we call some people, things just didn't seem right. So we check around the house and make sure everything is okay on that end, and it was. So we get our ward mission leader on the phone and he says I will call you back. So we go to the car and say a quick prayer whether we should try and go in the house or just wait. Well my companion and I receive similar answers, except mine was to go in now! And his was to wait for Brother Creasy our branch mission leader. So we get him on the phone and decide to follow Elder Ryan's impression. We go and see if the door is unlocked which is not the greatest sign, and we decide to wait for him. So he and his wife and kids get there. We walk in and we call for Hna. Lopez she mutters something and Mary his wife goes around the corner first and Austin or Hno. Creasy stops us and says stay there Elders. Hna. Lopez had fallen and could not get up... We call 911 of course and do all of that stuff, and we find out she had been laying there since Tuesday and we found her Saturday!!!!! I from this experience learned a lesson that I had learned earlier in my mission. That is, when the Lord or the Spirit or our Heavenly Father tell you to do something, you do it NOW!!! I thought on my impression and realized that I could have gotten her aid about 45 min earlier when we first arrived, if I had just listened... I have had other situations where I had delayed responding to the Lords call and things have not worked out alright. In this life we are granted the ability for Heavenly help always. I kicked myself for several hours as I thought that I should have known better then to wait... Everything worked out in the end, but still it gnawed at me... When the Lord calls we go! No exceptions!! I have learned this many times in my life, but it seems that we end up learning the same lessons over and over again in this life... We must be worthy, ready, and willing, to respond to the call of those around us, or even the call of the Lord if we are so blessed to be his chosen instrument. So those are my thoughts from the week, in a short story. I know that as we respond to the aid of others, whether physical or spiritual we will be great instruments for the Lord in bringing about righteousness and happiness to the sons and daughters of God.

Well I hope you have a great week and I am excited to be able to talk to you shortly I love you so much and hope everything goes well with the Holidays!! 

Love Elder Paxman
and Christmas Juan o<[8{D
(See his hat with a pom pom, his eyes, mustache and big smile.)

P.S  I have had the strangest desire lately to start to learn French... No idea why. So that is another idea of something you could send me with the camera :) Whatever works they were just thoughts. Love you!


No comments: