Monday, August 19, 2013

Awesome spirit...


Dear Mom and Dad, 

I read all about the wedding reception and such from Bai, it sounds as if it went amazing.  I am excited to see even more pictures. The entire thing looked beautiful and really fun. I really liked the cake with the roses and the pic of Bai. (He sent a video message to Bailee and Kyle and some of my family got to watch it) I am glad Brenda got to see the video and especially Alex I am excited to see if he emails me that would be super bueno!! I also have a man out here for Brenda if she is still looking hehehe, he is way awesome. He is new to the branch and is from Utah, speaks fluent English and Spanish, he is a way cool guy and fed us Lasagna.  Man I miss American food... Like a good steak or maybe some juicy ribs man that sounds good, as you can tell I haven’t eaten lunch yet and am starving.  

My health has been good, I had a little hiccup this week, so I will just have to be way careful. I only have one experience this week that I will write about, but first, all the people you asked about are doing good.  Anna y Jorge understand very little, so we have to go extremely slow with them. Ivonne y Jesus are doing really good, they are reading but we just have to get them to come to church more, they have only been once.  They are scheduled to be baptized on the 10th of Sept. but it seems as if we might push it back to the 24th... 

So by this time next week I will find out if I am getting transferred... Can you believe it!! It has already been 6 weeks with my new Comp, man things are flying out here it seems. Oh, anyway the experience, so we got back in contact with a couple named Arturo y Beatrice, they are very nice, and we asked them the question… hold on I have to try and translate it in my head, Oh ok, "Why is it significant that God is our Loving Heavenly Father?" I asked that and had no idea why. So Arturo answered and what he said was good, but Beatrice started crying and gave a long answer about confusion and how hard things have been in her life lately, and that because he is our heavenly father he can help her. So after that I told her that is why we are here.  I can promise you as a disciple and servant of Christ that we were sent here by him for just that, to help her.  It was like “what the freak” awesome spirit time, it was awesome!! Sorry if it doesn’t all make a ton of sense I had to translate it in my head. So that is my one story for the week.  

The music is good, (In his last package we sent him a few CD’s) I really like album Trek.  They are talking about bringing back IPods and letting us use those, so that would be nice. Also I want you once everything calms down to look for a back/side pack like the camera bag we have at home. I could really use that here.  They are going to be outlawing backpacks in about 4 months, so I need something like that for when I am on bikes. Well, I am super stoked to hear and see more about the wedding and a picture of my picture there, hahaha. My Spanish is doing well it improves daily.  I still struggle but it is a ton better than when I started...  

Well I don’t want to take too much more time, but I love you all so very much and tell everyone hi for me. You and the Fam are always in my prayers and I can’t wait to hear about the other stuff next week. Love you all. 

Love Your Son, Elder Paxman 

No comments: