Monday, August 26, 2013

Still In The Place I was Born...

Dear Mom,

I am super stoked for the dessert stuff because that stuff is amazing.  (We told him we were sending him some Ultimate Cookie Bars from the wedding).  Sadly my health has not been the greatest as of late, it hasn’t been bad, but not great.  Most days I feel decent to good so that is nice but every once in a while it gets a little difficult.  I do think riding bikes helps unless I am already not feeling very good, than not so much... But, all in all things are going great.

I am still in the place I was born, Cumberland Spanish.  I will be here with my companion till next transfer which is the beginning of October.  I will be out for 6 months shortly and I am freaking out!  It has flown by so fast and I can not even believe it.  They all say it just picks up even more speed, they say the first 6 months feels like a year, which has definitely been true on some fronts.  Then the next year will feel like 6 months, so that I am not looking forward too.  Then the last 6 months will feel as if 6 weeks.... That is just one of the analogies.  Overall it just means it goes flying by even faster.  The thing I have seen is that the days seem like weeks and the weeks seem like days.

My jeans they fit as of about 4 weeks ago, but they continue to get smaller it seems and I am sure that they will continue to do so.  (I asked him if all the biking had made his jeans too small in the thigh)  I also can do like 4 pull ups now Booyahh, from 0 to 4 in like 10 weeks!! I will take that.

(I also asked him if he had all the information regarding his upcoming Doctors appointment with the GI there at the University of Indiana)Yea they got me all the information, so I still have to get all of that stuff ready to go so I will be ready by the time of the appointment.

On the mission front, not a lot has changed besides me not going anywhere on transfers. Sister Ivonne and Bro Jesus as well as their two boys will be baptized sometime in September I believe.  That is good and I am excited for that. Other than that not much has changed, oh we do have to stay on bikes for the rest of this week because the people we are sharing our car with are going to transfer meetings and need it, although I believe we will be getting a car sometime in September. Which is good because even though bikes aren’t too bad, our area takes a hit because of its size, and the fact that it takes too long to bike to the investigators and then from one to the other.  Things will continue to get better I think, especially since Elder Hjelm and I are getting into the swing of things.

Well I am burning down my time and have not much left so I love you all so much, and tell Brooklyn to keep practising volleyball and if she does she will get into it next year.  If she has any of my same genes she will be awesome hahaha, because I played all the time in the MTC, although lets face it I stunk,  but it was fun anyway. Well I love you all so much and you are constantly in my prayers, Love you all and I can't wait to hear from you next week.

Love, your son, Elder Paxman

Excerpt from his letter to Bailee:

(She had told him she made a really good dinner for her and Kyle on the honeymoon and that they had played with almost life size checkers)Ok, first what did you make him chicken noodle soup??? BAHAHAHA. I laughed when you said you forgot how to play checkers because it took me a second to remember the rules and by a second I mean like 10 min!! Also how did you move the pieces are they heavy or do you like kick them because the are like a giant hockey puck? Also the chess pieces made it even funnier in my minds eye. Oh and squeaky cheese is awesome, I forgot how to spell squeaky because Spanish is killing my English so sorry if it is wrong.

Well it sounds like you are going to be way busy at school and stuff, it will go wel,l just remember to follow god and he will never lead you astray. I love you so much and I can't wait to hear of all the crazy stuff that happens next week. You and Kyle are both in my prayers on a daily basis and I hope and pray everything will just continue to get better, Well I love you so much and I cant wait to hear from you next week.

Love, your little bro, Elder Paxman
Tell Kyle I love him too.

Excerpt from letter to Dad:

The mission President is awesome, I had interviews with him for the first time a few weeks ago and it was amazing.  He said something very profound, he said that it could be the very reason I was sent to Indian to serve was so I could meet this Doctor.  I thought that was a very interesting thought.  Overall I am loving it out here on the mission and it seems I grow to love it more and more.  Dad,  I love you and you are in my prayers always, I am excited to hear form you shortly and I love you and the family so much.

Love, tu hijo, Elder Paxman



No comments: