Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ice on My Eyelashes!!

This is Celeste at her baptism.  This photo is from when he served in Cumberland.

Dear Mom,

Ok, first off this email will be short because we are emailing in the clerks office and there is only one computer.  I will only be on for a little while, and then hopefully I will be emailing again this Thursday, because that is when the Library re-opens because of the weather.

Yes it is freaking cold here!! I feel like I am a pioneer from 17 Miracles!! Yesterday and today it was a lovely -15 degrees!!! Tomorrow a little better at -5. So yea freezing cold. I have a full time car because our area is huge. Although, I have not gotten to see any of it because of the bad weather.  They have had us stay in for most of the day. I had to walk like 5 blocks yesterday and by the time we got to the place we had ice on our eye-lashes and my legs were numb with shooting pain, hahaha adventurous right?!?! Anyway I am in Logansport IN.

So for transfers, first off the reason they called me to stripe is because the stake has wanted a Spanish Elder for this area for a while now, so they picked me.  I am the only Spanish speaking elder in my entire zone!! So that is crazy. My companion is a Greenie. He just got done training and his name is Elder Busath, his cousin Elder Hardester, the one I served near in Elkhart is a Spanish elder who has been out for about 4 and a half months.) Anyway my companion is about 6'3 and 290 pounds. He is very nice and excited to learn Spanish. Which is good because he technically does not have to, but he wants to. It is an all English branch, but there are a few Spanish members, the area (Logansport) has the potential to have a good Spanish ability as far as the work goes, but with the really cold weather we have not been able to get out and find any. Our apartment is really big and I like it a lot, we have our own washer and dryer. 

I have not heard from Gma or Gpa, but I am glad that they enjoyed the MTC, I really did.

We have been fed 2 times so far and both times by the two Spanish people I know haha. Health wise I have been good except  I was sick last night and today, so hopefully I can shake that and get back to tip top shape.  Church in this branch is also at 9 so that is fun. Well like I said I have pretty much no time so I can hopefully e-mail Thursday or sometime later in the week, but if I can’t I will email more next Monday. Well I love you all so much and hope you had a great week, other than that I hope I can email you later but who knows love you all and talk to you later.

Elder Paxman  

Oh I almost forgot apologize to everyone for me if I don't email them this week and just tell them the situation with the weather. Nick S. and Michael H. both emailed me so tell them I will email them next week. Love you and sorry for the shortness of it all.


No comments: