Tuesday, January 7, 2014

No Letter

We didn't receive an email on Monday January 6th. I assumed this was due to extreme weather.
I didn't even know where in Indiana Elder Paxman was currently serving because he had been transferred late last week.
Some very kind members of the branch in Elkhart who are my friends via Facebook, saw my questions and checked into it.  They informed me Elder Paxman had been transferred to Logansport Indiana.

I figured since they are having this arctic blast of cold air it's probably an unusual occurrence, so I wanted to document it here on Elder Paxman's blog. So, I of course Googled their weather...

This is what I found..



This weather forecast image is for Indianapolis which is quite a bit further south than Logansport, but it gives an idea.

From the Pharos Tribune: "Snowpocalypse: Local residents dig out from snowfall."
Just after 8 p.m. Sunday, the city of Logansport was declared in a state of emergency.  Below zero temperatures and wind gusts are forecast to bring the wind chill factor as low as negative 30 to 40 degrees fahrenheit.  Local residents dig out from excessive snowfall.

I'm sure he is having an adventure.  I can't wait to hear all about it when he does email.  Which unfortunately might not even be until next Monday.

No comments: