Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Poem: My Mission

In Elder Paxman's last email he asked that I share this poem. 
MY MISSION
As I stared out the window
The tears still in my eyes,
I saw the faces of those I love;
We just said our last good-byes.
The ride was long and trying
As two questions plagued my mind;
Do I want the life that's up ahead
Or the one I left behind?
Two years is such a long, long time
For going door to door.
In my reflecting I thought to myself,
There really must be more.
I dragged myself down off the plane
And stared, smiling at the beach.
When a man turned me the other way,
Saying, "Elder, go find and teach."
I sit reflecting once again
As this day is my last.
Please, Lord, this just isn't fair
The time goes much to fast.
And I stare out the window
The tears in my eyes.
I see Elders, and friends I love,
We've just said our last good-byes.
The ride is long and trying
As two questions plague my mind;
Do I want the life that's up ahead
Or the one I left behind.
Unknown 

No comments: