Monday, June 22, 2015

1 Week Left To Serve: My 3 Most Memorable Moments in the Mission!!


Dear Mom,

Okay, so I am feeling pretty good, although I am not sure if that is just for now or what. So I am sure I will be good. I am hoping it won't be a bother though as I say goodbye to people and such here in the last week of the mission. Yes when I went to Indy for my Dr. Appointment I was able to see Celeste, I stopped by a few others, but they were either working or not home. So it went well. It was good to see her, although I cried when I had to say goodbye, and I am sure it will be only one of the few times I cry here in the near future... Stinkin boo hooie genes mom!!

I am excited for the day’s events when I come home, but also super duper sad to see it coming... I really wish I could stay longer as a missionary, but I know that the time is done, and that I need to move on to the next great adventure.

This week has been really good other than the me being sick part... That kind of bites, but otherwise it has been really good. Lupita and Vinceta are doing good and  Patty is also doing well, a young girl we found who has recently moved here from Texas and from there El Salvador. So it was really cool to talk with her. It has been hard saying goodbye to quite a few people over the last few days. I can't even imagine what it will be like saying goodbye to the rest of the people here...

Name your 3 most memorable/best moments in the mission. Mom, the three best moments is like trying to pick which breath is my favorite... It cannot be done!!  So maybe just a few of the moments I have loved explained in a brief sentence or statement.  
One was the Diaz family, watching them be baptized, that was an amazing experience for me, especially with all the hard trials and times before it.
Another was finding Celeste, one of the only times I have taught the entire Restoration and Plan of Salvation in one lesson.
Another was Teaching Karina Banda in Columbus.
Another was having so many great companions. Elder Hjelm, Elder Rowberry, Elder Ryan, Elder Labrum and many many more.
Watching Yazmine be baptized.
The Pentecostal preacher experience... That one will be in my mind forever.
Teaching Drew, As well as the thousands of other people.
Meeting Lupita and Vicenta.
Meeting all the members.
Being in the hospital for a week, with all of its trials and such.
There are really thousands upon thousands mom. Filing it down to three is impossible. I don't know if I could contain it all in a library filled with books. Because there are best moments in everything, best moments with companions. Best lessons taught, best nonstop laughter moments. There are really just too many. So sorry I kind of answered that question and kind of not... Well tough cookie!!

One more week my son and one more email from home, can you believe it?  Yea I cannot believe it either mom... It kind of breaks my heart a little. A little piece of me will probably always be with the people I have left out here in Indiana. It will be good to see you all though. "There and Back again.." A missionary’s tale... hahaha I could totally make that work. My mission as other moments in my life has indeed been a refiner’s fire. It has made me a much better man, and shown me where I falter, and lifted me to new heights. I will miss it, as do we all it seems. Thank you for your thoughts mom. They were much appreciated. I indeed hope I have touched at least one other soul besides my own throughout this experience of a mission. I have heard many people tell me I have done a many hard thing. To me they seemed hard at times yes, but I always had The Angles of God bearing me up along the way. Even when I faltered, the hand always came through the smoke to pick me up. My life has been a brutally talented teacher to me, and I believe to others, as has all of our lives in one way or another. My trials were and are no greater than anyone else's. I am still young even though it does not feel that way at times. I am not the best writer, nor teacher, but I do know that this Gospel is true, and it has been enough for me. It has indeed been more than enough. I have loved the mission, and it and Them (the Godhead) have loved me more than I can even fathom. My mission may not have changed many, or maybe it has changed more than I know, but again it has changed me, and it has made all the difference. I know that my Savior lives! I have not seen him, nor heard his voice so to speak, but he has spoken with me in many a quiet moment, and offered the sweetest counseling and knowledge I could have ever wished for. He is always there for us, Him and his angles. I have often felt, the angles of God, many of whom I believe are those who have gone on before, pushing me and helping me. For without them, I would have failed. But the Gospel is to be preached by the weak (now that is scripture so there is no denying it!), and I at many times have been so feebishly weak. I will forever be grateful to have served, and served again. The time with the tag on my chest is near gone, but it will forever be engraved on my heart for the eternities to come. And maybe just maybe on the hearts of those whom I have known. Thank you for everything mom, and everyone else who has supported me. If I could repay you I would, but I will never have that opportunity so I hope I have done what I was called to do. I love this gospel, and times will get rough ahead, for all of us, but we need not worry. For if we are prepared we may see "The Salvation of our God..." I know this to be true. I love you and I will send one last email to you this next week. It will be pretty short. For I will only have a few moments to write. I wish heavens blessings upon you, and a happy and joyful week!

Love, Elder Paxman
(For just a bit longer...)


No comments: