Monday, June 29, 2015

Love, for the last time, Elder Benjamin Paxman

Getting Prepared....

Dear Mom,

I received a picture of you with your face covered in frosting?  How did they get your face slammed in the frosting? Who did it? I let them slam my face in the cake. She (Lupita or Vinceta) wanted to do it, so I figured sure... It’s going to happen anyway.

Was it hard to say goodbye to your investigators and the members? I have cried a lot... And will probably more today. Our investigators are doing really well. It was hard to say goodbye to all of them. I did get to go to the temple with Celeste. It was amazing. Yea we taught a good amount of lessons this last week.

What do you think is the most important thing you learned from serving your mission?  I have learned more than a million things mom... So I cannot answer that question mom. Especially with the limited time I have...

Okay so this is going to be really short. So something I have tried to live my mission and my life by is a poem that I found a long time ago, but that became famous through a movie. It is by an Indian Chief that is famous here in Indiana which is a nice coincidence.

 "So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, and beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people.  Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none. When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and nothing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."
~Chief Tecumseh. 

     I have tried to do my best to live up to this and all the other standards the church and others have placed for me. I hope and pray that I have done enough. My mission has changed my life, hopefully others too, but if not, than my life is enough. I have fought the good fight, I have sailed my course. I have learned, loved, laughed, cried, and toiled over many a things these last two years. I know that this is the only true church upon the face of the earth. It has made all the difference in my life. There are two things that are the most important to me. First my family, it is where I have found the most happiness in my life, and my family will hopefully grow in the future. Second is the church for without it, I cannot have my family forever. I know Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and He has blessed and helped me throughout my life. I owe Him more than words can say. I love Him as much as my imperfect self can at times. I want my witness to be as those of the prophets of old, and the angels in Heaven testifying that He is, was and forever shall be, the very Son of God, My Prince of Peace and my Redeemer. I hope someone has benefited from these emails over the years. If not they have blessed and enriched my life, and I am sure will do the same in years to come. I love you all, and will see you shortly. And I have never ended my emails. So all of what I have said, I say in the name of Jesus Christ my friend and brother, Amen.


Love, for the last time, Elder Benjamin Paxman. 

P.S. Well at least for a young kid. hahaha


No comments: