Monday, April 22, 2013

Indiana Here I Come!!

Here are a few pictures of my District and our two teachers.
 Love these missionaries and friends.
 One day during free time we had a huge Nerf gun war.  It was so fun.
Dear Mom, 

I guess I will start with the questions although the screen is blurry because I was crying... (our little family dog passed away and we had told him about it) 

The airline I am flying with is US Airways.  It is a direct flight and I have to leave for the travel office at 4 A.M.  I don’t arrive in Indiana till 4 P.M!!!! 12 hours of transit total.  I am a little nervous, I fly with 19 people to Indiana, but they say most will either be a layover or be English speaking... When I get to the airport in Indiana I have no idea what will be happening, they never told us...  So I hope someone will be there to help us.  I have a travel companion but I have no idea who it is.  

Yes the SD card is sent and there are about 220 pictures on it. I hope it doesn’t break in the mail.  The scripture thing is driving me insane, I have too many I love... It is hard to pick which one of God's passages of wisdom is my favorite. :/  Well since they need it, put Matthew 11: 28-30 on there.  That is a really good one, or the entire section of D&C 6, 11, 33, or the entire Chapter of Luke 15. There are just too many!!!! 

Packing is going well.  We have dropped some weight so it shouldn't be a problem with weight. I am so excited to leave, but we are all really sad to see our district go... They keep saying that they will never see anyone from the District for 2 years, but most all of them have at least 2 people from the district in there Zone... EXCEPT ME!!!!!! (From his MTC district all of the other missionaries are going out into the field in pairs or more.  He is the only one going to a mission completely different from the rest)

Today, seeing as it is our last day we are having a fiesta with a piñata and everything. Also tell Bai that Spanish people still laugh like hahahah not jajajajaja whatever the heck that means.  

I forgot to tell you, RICHARD G SCOTT came and talked to us on prayer, and it was amazing.  Me and my companion were like 20 feet from him and sang Nearer My God to Thee with the choir, it was awesome. Overall the CCM is going great still and we are having way too much fun.  Although if Lauren or one of our older cousins needs to be set up, my teacher is available...:)  (he did not tell me to say that) His name is Ammon Halstead. We were also his last district in the CCM.  It was sad because he was my favorite, but we have a last class with him tonight.  I have gotten all of their email contacts so we can hopefully stay in touch.  

Well I have to go change over my last load of laundry in the CCM. Funny story of the day from the CCM, my companion (Elder Johnston) doesn’t know how to shave.  I had to teach him.... it was really funny because he stuck his razor up his nose to get his nose hair.  I could not stop laughing. A very similar experience happened with shoe shining.  I told him if you want to get a really good shine on the second coat you get it a little wet (which is true) so my ingenious companion looks at his shoe for a minute then he bends down and gives it a big long lick. It was way funny though, because he then proceeded to be disgusted because he had shoe polish on his tongue, Well I love you all so much and I hope it is going well there. Most of what is in the hand written letter is for Bai and Brooklyn, because I forgot their emails... so yea love you all

Love, your son, Elder Paxman. 

Dear Dad,

I actually really like the short stories and quotes you sent me, especially the 5 important lessons one. I really enjoyed that one it was great. The dog one is great, I love it.  Although, it was kind of blurry, I was tearin’ up when I read about Caesar passing away. 

I really hope that we have the opportunity to talk as well.  When I get to call, I might end up calling shortly first with a few quarters just to see if you will pick up then use the card thing.  

I hope the garden does well too, that is one thing I miss a lot here in the CCM, is not being able to just go outside and lay in the grass or enjoy a nice day, but that’s ok. Oh and you are more than welcome to give Dan and Aaron or anyone else that wants my email, we can email everyone now and they are increasing our time. Our branch pres. also said that he would not be surprised if they start having missionaries use facebook, which was a very weird.  He said the church has been testing it out and seeing how it runs. When you get my SD card if you or the family see any pictures and are confused you can always let me know afterwards, and I can tell you how or why I took them. Do Not delete any of them though.  

It has been interesting talking with the other missionaries, most of them think I am some outdoor nut because of all the stories I share, but I don't really see it.  It  is way fun here, we got all of the mattresses and played dominoes with like 20 missionaries and the spare mattresses it was really fun. (this was in our free time of course)  

If you have any more of those quotes or stories or anything I would love them... Even if you just get them off of the Internet. I love the creed that you sent me like a year ago, I still have it and carry it with me wherever I go. Spanish is going good I guess.  I can generally get across ideas that I have but there are times when I definitely struggle.  The teachers have told us to not worry about the language because we will not be fluent for another 5 months!!  

The Hermanas are really sad, as we all are, that we have to break up the district.   But, I'm ok with it... They are amazing people and I would gladly spend more time with them, but it is on to greener pastures. The Gospel knowledge is way intense, there is so much, I have a hard time keeping it straight.  In fact if you get the chance I suggest you read the last chapter in 1st Peter it is really great. 

In gym we have been playing volleyball which everyone says I am very good at for my size and stature, but compared to the Polynesians,  it is terrifying they are HUGE, it is really fun though. We had our last gym 4 days ago and now I get real stir crazy by having to be in a class for 14 hours a day.  But it is still awesome even when that does happen. We have a piñata for our last day and a bunch of candy.  It has been really nice having P day as our last day.  We all took a nap because the first of us have to be gone by 3 a.m. and we are all so anxious we are having a hard time sleeping. 

I showed some of the pictures of me from when we were hiking and they think that I am a wildman, but it is way fun sharing stories and being able to talk with everyone before we leave. I am getting all of their contact info before we leave so we can stay in touch. (I wouldn't mind dating some of the Hermanas when I get back in 2 years if they are still single, which won’t happen. hahah) Well I should probably go so I can Iron the remainder of my non packed clothes, then pack them and weigh my bags... before I head off though I would highly suggest reading the scripture I put earlier and Luke 15, the entire chapter it has 2 of my favorite parables in the entire scriptures in it. You will have to let me know how you like the pictures I took.  Tell everyone I love them and I hope your trip is going really well, good luck and I hope to hear from you tomorrow at like 6 in the morning. 

Love, your son, Elder Paxman

No comments: