Monday, July 15, 2013

6 New Investigators


Dear Mom and Dad, 

D&C 20 is really good on covenants. (I had told him I was teaching a lesson on the importance of keeping covenants). 

Anyway, I actually won’t be able to answer your questions today mom, it is transfer p-day and we had to deep clean, and do a bunch of other stuff. So this will be short, sadly, I will try to get through what I can. Yes there are other Spanish areas outside the city.  There are seven Spanish areas total and three are in the city.  

The shoe picture was way funny, if I remember right the biggest donut collapsed about 1 year ago. (this is in response to a story I told him about hiking to donut falls at girls camp.  And a trip into the river that made my shoes black)

Anyway my health has been good, one night I felt a little weird and since then things have been better.  Sorry I only have 20 min for e-mail today total. It was a hectic p-day. Elder McDaniel left for Brazil today, the APs picked him up at one, his flight takes off in about one minute 5:37. I am staying here for this next transfer as well, but Elder Cozzens is moving and he is going to be a district leader. The bad news, we are going to have to share a car for a little while so we are going to have to get me 2 things, a bike and a GPS, so that is going to be fun.  I don’t know how we are going to work that out, if I were you I would put money into my account for both.  

We found 6 investigators yesterday!!  2 families of 3 and both families had members missing and they are both very solid. Tonight in about 20 min we are teaching a woman named Ivonne and her husband Jesus, they are awesome, we have only taught her 2 times and him once. They are great. Elder McDaniel commanded me to baptize them and some others in my next six weeks here. So haahaha we will see.  

I was excited and sad when I got on e-mails today!!  Excited because 10 people had emailed me, and sad because with just 20 min I am just emailing back to you. Well I have to go because I am about out of time, let everyone read this email because I didn’t get a chance to send others out. Love you all so much and you are all in my prayers.

Love, Elder Paxman
Note from Mom:  Some good news on the health front.  Benjamin's GI here in SLC has agreed to call in two months worth of prescriptions to hold him over until he see's the GI in Indiana. WE are thrilled about that. Also I spoke with the mission presidents wife today and she said he is doing really well. 

No comments: