Monday, July 22, 2013

The mission and biking

Dear Family, 

It sounds like you had a lot of fun over the last little bit! It has been pretty amazing here. My new companion is Elder Hjelm.  He is awesome and we get along great, except since they jacked our car it hasn’t been as sick, (remember sick means awesome) However, I will be freakin ripped when I get done with the mission. The first day I had my bike, we biked over 25 miles and in under 2 and a half hours.  It was ridiculous, and I hadn’t even really ridden a bike hardcore for like 8 years, so I was dying.  It was brutal!!  I looked like I just got out of the pool because of the stinking humidity. 

(We asked him to do a video message for his sister for the wedding) I can do the video thing either today or next p-day and send it. Or maybe some time in the week. I am not going to address this letter to any of you in particular so you are all welcome to read it. My health has been very good, and I did start the pills both of them, they really help.  I am hoping that is all the doctor here is going to say, in fact did you want me to still go to the one on the 19th of August??  

My companion and I speak almost the same amount of Spanish, his is a little better than mine.  We speak it a lot and it is funny because it is going to make us learn a lot faster, and I feel like we ask people to repeat stuff a lot but it will be well worth it.  

I loved the package the HI-CHEWS are almost gone because everyone loves them and if they swing by they always thief massive handfuls.  I hid the cookies just for me and my companion.  OH!! So today I saw Andrew Luck!!!!! It was awesome, tell dad to tell the Fire guys if you don’t know who that is.  (I don’t know who that is, apparently he thinks the fire guys will tell us)  He was in the library doing an appearance thingy, but he was way busy so I didn’t get a picture, not to mention now that we are on bikes I can't carry my camera as often because we are in the danger zone haha. So that was awesome to get to see him and shake some other Colts guy named Allen’s hand in a passing moment. Other than that things are going pretty normal.  Yes I got a bike and it works pretty good, but we have already had to replace a tube.  We are going to get some of that green goop stuff to help. Although I do need you to send me a backpack this side back thing on a bike isn’t really working, it makes it a lot harder, if you can you can send me the one dad uses for practicing the pack test it is like grey and green it would be perfect. I would only really use it when I am biking but that would help a lot. Not to mention my companion bikes like a mad man, he averages 20 miles an hour, half the time he is a white dot in the distance as I am dying biking at like 16 miles an hour, which is still fastish hahaha.  My cardio is bad, but not for long... 

I will do the message thing for Bailee... no guarantee how long it will be, I will try to keep it nice and short and not cry.  I have noticed being more in touch with the spirit that sometimes I cry more and other times not even at all..... It is weird.  But it is more often that I do not thankfully hahaha.  

(Last week he mentioned receiving 10 emails.  I asked whim who had written him) The people that write me are (Friends also serving around the world) Joel, Cameron, Trenton, and people from my district in the MTC. 

Well I need to wrap up so I can write some other people. But the changes in my daily schedule is now we only have one hour comp study and I talk a ton more which is awesome. So things here are awesome. I have some good stories I will have to share maybe in the next emails or so but I changed and started writing you first so I could have a little more time. Oh interesting fact to bike from our apartment to the church is 16 miles, all the way across town, and to our better areas and most of our investigators about 7+ miles!!!! Well I love the letters dad sends me I have been keeping them all, to remember and hopefully write back too. Well I love you all so much and don't be having too much fun without me!!! Geeze all the cool stuff you do after I leave. That’s it, love you all and I will hear from you next week. 

Love, your son, Elder Paxman

No comments: