Monday, July 29, 2013

Keep Presing Forward...

Dear Mom & Dad, 
My health is still good, so I agree with the cancelling thing. (We are going to cancel the appointment with the Dr. for August 19th and just keep the appointment with the GI from the University of Indiana on Sept. 19th) 
My new companion is from Rexburg, Idaho. Biking is a beast and we share the car, one week with the car, one week off, but we got jipped and have like no miles till Thursday sooo... we are still biking. My legs feel like Jelly but man do I look studly on the bike with my shiny silver nerd helmet hahaha.
I can get the video done hopefully tonight or tomorrow.  It will be tomorrow actually because we have exchanges so I will be way busy tonight. I hope that is enough time so it would be in the mail by Wednesday. Oh my companion wants you to send me my baseball mitt as well, so we can play catch for exercise. Which by the way I am now ripped!! Not really but I like to think so. 
That is great with ******, (name  starred out for privacy) keep working with her and have dad go over too one of these days and talk, he can be very social and friendly when he wants to be hahaha :P  
Tell Brooklyn HAPPY B-DAY!!  I still can’t sing that in Spanish because it is oober difficult but tell her I love her and that boys still have the plague!! She worries me with that stuff sometimes..... So a spiritual experience... there are a lot but I am bad at telling them,  one time we were going by this lady named Goven that we had found and only taught once.  She lives with her daughter, so we go to the house and actually the Grand-daughter answers the door her name is Celeste.  I actually have talked to her once before, the first time we came.  She is very energetic, she reminds me of an 18 year old Brooklyn.  Well Goven wasn’t there and if she was, she’s just not that interested. But Celeste made the soul saving "mistake" of asking us "So what do you teach exactly anyway?" So we explained kind of the restoration with a little of the Plan of Salvation in it and she was very interested.  She wants us to come back, but before we got there, (I think he means earlier in the conversation, before they made arrangements to come back) she said what happens if I make it to the highest glory but my family doesn’t  it truly would not be happy for me if that happened. And then a moment came where I actually had to really search myself and the spirit for the answer and it came somewhat like this. I told her that God would never cut anyone short, and we are all given ample opportunities to get to the Celestial kingdom.  I then said, you know one of the things that I have realized as time goes on is that I wouldn’t be happy if I was around during the Second coming and had to watch and see all of those people die, even if they were all strangers just to have to watch them die and be able to do nothing for them would just tear me apart... She than got quiet and said so... I guess that is why you are out here huh...?? I paused and said yea, I guess so, because I couldn’t stand watching someone die and suffer because I didn’t do my best to share what I know, or because I came short or even if they were just "evil"... So that was a very cool experience for me. Well that is about it of that story for now.  We meet with her tomorrow.  Other than that our area took a hit because of the bikes and how it takes about an hour and fifteen to get to some investigators, but we will keep pressing forward. 
Well that is about it for new stuff, oh so I think I already told you , but they are going to start incorporating technology in the mission within the next 6 months so that is going to be weird...  I also had to replace a pedal on the bike and a tire.  We have ridden more than 85 miles in the last week!! Our bikes are getting thrashed, and we are even very careful.  I need you to contact Joy on Facebook and ask if she is at that same address or if I should mail it somewhere else. Also some letters are going to be coming for other people to you, and I need you to contact them on Facebook when you get the letters and tell them to come get them. Oh one last thing so I got called Cuban today because of how I look and my Spanish!!! I was stoked!! hahaha. Well I love you all tell Brooklyn happy birthday and she is now the age of Joseph Smith when he had the first vision... And I love you all very much and I hope things will keep going great. D&C 6: 32-the end. My favorite scriptures now I think. Well I love you all and have a wonderful week!  Also let dad read this. 
Love, Your son/stud muffin, Elder Paxman 
Here is the scripture reference he gave:
D&C 6:32-37
32 Verily, verily, I say unto you, as I said unto my disciples, where two or three are gathered together in my name, as atouching bone thing, behold, there will I be in the cmidst of them—even so am I in the dmidst of you.
 33 aFear not to do bgood, my sons, for whatsoever ye csow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow dgood ye shall also reap good for your ereward. 
34 Therefore, fear not, little aflock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are bbuilt upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
 35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and asin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
 36 aLook unto me in every bthought; cdoubt not, fear not.
 37 aBehold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the bnails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall cinherit the dkingdom of heaven. Amen.

No comments: