Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Area has been Split

Dear Family,

My week has been good. Having a few digestive issues, Indiana is just trying to kill me I think.  I also can’t hear out of my left ear very well for some reason, so who knows.  Hahaha.  I only have an hour to email today because of the whole holiday thing, so it might be short.

My doctor’s appointment is at 1 on Sept 19. I don’t really need anything specific in my package I would like a small white board though, that would be nice. Oh and those arrowheads if you can find them, also my mitt, if you can do that too... Lots of pictures of course and goodies are always good.  I spent some money on my personal card this week so we need to check that too.

(I told him our neighbours are now raising 6 turkeys in their back yard and that I thought Lincoln must be a plant whisperer because our garden is producing at an out of control rate.)The turkey thing makes me laugh and dad has always been good at working with the plants and all that stuff so I am sure that the garden is amazing.  We are actually being fed very very little now... They split Cumberland area in half because of the massive amount of missionaries.  This is nice but also I am a little sad... I lost more than 5/8ths of my investigators...  But we still have Sister Ivonne and Bro. Jesus who I am almost positive will be baptized in the coming weeks if not month.

I was sad to hear about Rachel, but the Lord works in mysterious ways... She is in my prayers and I hope she gets feeling better.  Please keep me posted on that. It makes me nervous for my appointment but overall I have been doing okay.   I have had a few minor hiccups and such throughout the last couple weeks but overall not too bad.  I haven’t thrown up in forever so that is good. In the mission, the area split was the big thing that went on this week so that is interesting.  Other than that I’m still biking like a beast and knocking on so many doors I am pretty sure my knuckles are bleeding... But it is good.  We need to find some new investigators since we lost a bunch, so we will see... P-day has not changed; we do all the usual, email and all that.  We have been given a little more time to do email lately thank goodness, except today we only have an hour because of the holiday.  Which bites a big one.

(I told him that his dad has been talking/joking about moving to Emmettsburg, Maryland to work at a really great job at the National Fire Academy, but that I had aid NO WAY.)wouldn't be too against moving, heck everything changes while I am out here anyway so it would just be one more thing added to the bunch hahahaha.

Other than that nothing much is really new this week, also I have very little time today so my mind is racing.  I have only replied to you and Alex and I have like 10 minuets left so my brain is shot. My Spanish is improving daily.  I could write a little in Spanish but it wouldn't have any accents because I don’t know how to do those on the computer, also you would have an issue reading it.  Ha-ha. I also cannot believe that 6 months has gone by.  In pretty much 10 days I am 1/4 done, it makes me sad... Oh also could you give Joy my e-mail address as well as Calin because lately I haven’t had any time to write letters...

Well I love you all so much and next week I will probably include a little more because I will have a little bit more time.  I love you all so much and I hope everything goes well at home.  Keep me posted and I can't wait to hear about all the things that go on next week... Love you so much.

Love, tu hijo, Elder Paxman


No comments: