Monday, September 23, 2013

A Ride on Eagles Wings

Dear Mom,

Doc stuff first I guess. Well first off I don't know how the tests results are, so I will let you know when I find out.  I think my doctor might be LDS, He knew that I served for 2 years and also that he called me Elder when he first walked in the room.  I also only ate one table away from him at lunch that was funny. Ok other than that he isn’t sure what the plan is. First we are going to try the prescription, but this last week I got pretty sick again, so that wasn’t good. We made a general battle plan.  He said he wants me to meet with a surgeon just in case something goes wrong or who knows what, like a contingency plan.  I will meet with him again on Halloween and he is thinking of getting more tests done. (Upper GI and CT Scan) Also he asked how many Cat scans I have gotten in my life, I had no clue I said a lot, then he is like "number wise?" I said it was like probably in the 50's. (NOT even close, he has had about 5 or 6. 50 would make him a walking radiation zone.  I think he was confused with how many X-Rays he has had) He also he asked me about my other doctors and surgeons and what the whole story was.  He gave me a direct line to his nurse.  I am calling the nurse tomorrow when she is in office, and I will try and get that number to you next week sometime. The x-ray's looked interesting, from my view of what I could tell there looked to be one dilated part on the upper right so my upper left but she pointed at it and said it was gas. The doctor’s office is about 30 min. from the apartment.  It is up in Carmel, so we got to see the temple construction sight, it looked super sick!!! (Remember sick is Indiana speak for awesome) I am feeling good today hiccups every now and then it seems, but overall pretty good.

Although my bike is not doing as well, it is dying which is what I worried might happen, it was a cheaper bike and it has taken me already like 500 miles or more.  Plus the roads here stink, so I might be getting a new one of those.  We now are able to get a discount at good bike stores for like 20% off on bikes, so I will keep you posted on that.

That bites about your foot I hope it gets feeling better, but at least you can bike or swim!! hahaha Yes I read the Book of Mormon  in Spanish, but right now I just do it to help with pronouncing stuff.  I will start entirely reading it in Spanish probably in about two weeks or so. It is getting a little cooler here, it was in the 70's for part of this last week.  I can’t wait for the leaves to change, it will be super nice.  Also we can wear sweaters now, so I want you to get on to the LDS website and look up what kind of sweaters I can wear and then get me some, because you know how much I enjoy sweaters haha.

That is good about bowling. (I asked him how exchanges with his DL went)Yes we did the exchange it was good, nothing too eventful.  We met one lady who was super prepared, she answered the door and when we introduced ourselves she started crying.  We gave our whole introduction and told her some really good messages, so they are looking forward to going back and visiting her. Although, she is in his area, so I won't know too much of what goes on there.  The translating for parent teacher conference was super fun.  I learned a lot of new words and it was kind of fun to see how much I actually know! I also felt the translating went really well overall, although I felt bad if the teacher was rippin into a kid and I had to translate.   I usually fluffed it up a little. I translated a lot for kindergarten through 3rd grade.   We still bike and share the car, we each have it for about 4 days unless one of us needs it for something more specific, then we will switch. 

Transfers are on the 9th I believe... But that is just off the top of my head, also I believe that I am being transferred, which makes me sad... but I am also way excited. (I told him that Kyle bought a new tie every time he was transferred and I thought that was a cool idea)  That would be way cool, I am going to have to do that with the ties, so I am going to buy one here soon. (I also asked him if he can bless the sacrament in Spanish and if he has been called upon to help with that)I do not bless the sacrament, I know how to in Spanish but they usually don’t have us do that.  We sometimes help with passing.  We also help with leading music and stuff if they don’t have enough people or the chorister lady is not there.  

I thought the picture of dad was hilarious!! That is good that you had a thing with the gang I remember when we used to do those all the time. Also thank you for the update on everyone, it is interesting to see what people are doing out there in the world.

Well the work here is going about the same, we are having a hard time finding investigators still, but we work on that a lot.  We knock a ton, but we are going to be working with LARCS more to see if we can improve that, also bring some back to church. (I have no idea what LARCS is)We had 2 come to church last week, so that was really good.  One of my favorite members, Hermano Martinez got back from a business trip so it was awesome to see him. None of our gators came to church....   but that’s okay we will keep working on them. Ivonne knows the church is true and the Book of Mormon is the word of God, she is ready for baptism pretty much, but Jesus is still struggling with getting a good testimony of Joseph Smith.  He is also struggling in picking between our church or another. We will see today, we have a lesson with them later. Other than that lots of biking, knocking and stopping by people.  I also saw Celeste which was nice she is no longer our investigator because she goes to IUPUI which is the ZL's jurisdiction, that made me mad, but she is going to be baptized in not too long so I am excited for that!! I am getting her contact info to stay in touch when and if I am transferred because I might baptize her!!!!!!!! Oh Yea!!!!! I am stoked for that if that happens, but I have no idea haha.  As long as they get her baptized it is good with me. Other than that not much new this week, just keepin on goin and  giving it all we have got.  We are going to try and work out differences in the companionship so we can have more power when we teach, so that is good.  Well I need to end because I have to write other people. Well I love you all and I hope this week will be awesome for you at home, I love you all so much and remember who we truly are, (a deep concept I know) but I like to think about deep things every once in a while. Well Love you and have a great week.

Love, tu hijo, Elder Paxman   

P.S. This statement came from his letter to Bailee and Kyle.  “Remember the Lord is always by our side and has promised us a ride on Eagles wings”

1 comment:

Mary Lynn said...

I believe that LARCs are less active, or recent converts.