Monday, September 9, 2013

Hiccups

Dear Family,

Wow that is a lot of rain... I am glad though, dad said he thought there might be a lot of fires because of the lack in moisture. I wrote and thanked Grandma and Grandpa P for the things that they mailed me and I did get their package, so that was good and awesome. I haven’t gotten your package yet so maybe tomorrow or later today.

didn't know about your foot, be careful and make sure you don't push it, you will have to let me know how that goes, hopefully everything is good and they just give you some meds or something. That is sad to hear about Rachel, which reminds me my companion wants to see a picture of her..... He is a goober. Well I hope all goes well with her medical stuff, believe me I know how that is and it isn't easy in the slightest, but it is all worth it in the long run. I will continue to keep her in my prayers. I don’t know if maybe you could also get her e-mail address for me, I would like to write her a quick something one of these p-days.

Totally let the boys play the PS3 if they wish hahaha, supposedly it will be pretty outdated in about a year, some little member boy was telling me how excited he was for the new one haha, it made me laugh. Also my guess is I won't have a lot of time to really use it that much when I get home, I will want to be in the mountains, on dates, working, college, traveling and all that other crazy stuff. But don’t give it a way, It is still something fun with friends.

(I told him I will start making lists of movies that come out and rating them so when he gets home he will know what he needs to see and what he doesn't)  Definitely do that with movies and music as well because I will need a list when I get home. I have been told of some good ones by members that they really liked.

I do not know how big our new area is exactly (miles wise) still freakishly big.  We still share a car with the Elders we split the area with which is nice. We still might get a car because of the size of the area. The new investigator field is going badly actually, so this week we are taking some different tactics to hopefully get a lot better out come than just knocking doors. Nope, pretty much none of the new elders and sisters are Spanish speaking.  We have about 20 Spanish speaking missionaries here in Indiana and that is only because of Visa waiters.  When they all leave we will have about 14.  All lot of our new missionaries have been sisters now, it is kind of weird.  One of the new sisters is from Texas the Fortworth area I guess, so that was cool. Another just got here that I went to college with, so that was fun to see and talk to her. My companion and I are still getting along very well, so that is good.

Sister Ivonne and Bro. Jesus came to church again and we meet with them tonight to see what they felt about it,  so that is going to be very good. I hope. We meet with them usually about twice a week which is what we try to do with all of our more solid investigators.  (I asked him the protocol of baptizing investigators who wish to be baptized.  Like how many lessons etc.)We have to teach them all of the basics and then they have to pass the interview, come to church 3 times and then if they wish and know it is true become baptized.

Health has been more or less good, still some hiccups  here and there but overall pretty good.  So we will see how that goes.

We get don’t get fed by the members because the members all now live on the other elders side of the new division and not ours, so sometimes they feed all four of us but usually just the two of them. My weight is staying the same I think or maybe gained a little, but I haven’t had a chance to weigh myself and see.

Supposedly the leaves turn here too, but I don’t know and also it is still humid and hot!! Yesterday it was 93 and very humid...  I read the scriptures everyday and right now I am in Alma 57 I believe, which is talking about some of my favorite stories with the Army of Heleman, and so on. Other than that not much new is going on in the mission.  We have an 8 hour long Zone Conference coming up this week which is unusual, but I am excited for it. I really enjoy the scripture you sent me this week it is one of my favorites in the Bible, especially after Elder Holland’s talk on it. Well not much else new is going on here just continuing working and pushing forward with faith everyday.   I turn 6 months old in 4 days!!!!!!! That is a little freaky, well I love you all so much and I can’t wait to hear from you next week and try out the package.

Love, Elder Paxman 

P.S.  Oh also the hiccups aren't actual hiccups, thought I should probably clarify that haha.


No comments: