Thursday, January 8, 2015

Eche le gannas

Sorry this post didn't get done until today, Sunday.  We didn't receive email from Elder Paxman until Thursday and then I was busy, so the only thing posted was the title.

Dear Mom,

Ha ha, okay so first sorry for the scare, didn't mean for that one to happen. Second you gave me a heart-attack I get a call from Dad for what I think is no reason. I was thinking someone was dying or in the Hospital or something like that... Way to have me freak the crap out! Okay so now actually back to the email.

Sorry for not emailing until today (Thursday) on Monday I was really sick. This past week besides getting really really sick, wasn't too bad.

How was church, is your church always during the same block or do you change each year, and do you always translate? Church was really good this last week, it was fast Sunday which I love, but at the same time, it kills me. So we have church at 2-5!!!!! Which kind of stinks, but it has its benefits. One good thing about this past fast Sunday was they had a break the fast which was really nice to have. I usually do translate every Sunday, unless there is no need for translation, and then I do not. I don't mind translating it isn't too bad. Although like a week ago or so I had to translate Dr. Seuss!! That is like trying to translate baby-talk into Latin!! Nigh impossible! hahaha I managed though.

Do you feel you are finally fluent in Spanish? I wouldn't say I am fluent in Spanish, but I can usually speak my mind. Although, I am trying to learn some more conversational Spanish and some of the grammar a little bit better. So yea I am hoping to keep improving it so I can do well in it later. Then maybe try picking up another language, probably one of the tangent languages. I think it will be French for me.

I told him we had gone and seen Into The Woods at a theatre with recliners (I sent him a picture) and had Cheese Dogs at Hot Dog on a Stick. I saw the picture of the theater it looks and sounds freaking awesome!! We will have to go sometime when I get back! Into the Woods is pretty good. I might have to see that one when I get back home. Hot Dog on a Stick.. Oh yeah!!  Dad and I were the ones to introduce the cheese dogs to the family! They are amazing!!! I could go for one of those right now, with some of their lemonade too!

His cousin called us asking for ideas in catching a mouse quickly and killing it. bahahahahahaha The mouse thing was pretty funny. Don't they have a cat? The cat is what they should use for catching the mouse.  Traps I think are the best way though. I am glad you extended that invitation though. How are they doing by the way?

His aunt, my sister is going to be getting married and will be moving back to Utah after almost 20 years of living in Las Vegas. That will be weird for her to live in Utah, but I also hope everything works out with her new marriage! Although if it is with the same guy who has the daughter, there goes that potential out the window bwahahaha ;)  Good for her though.

Brooklyn had her first hand hold.. It’s a long story.  Wow, first hand hold, I don't even remember when mine was. Actually nope yep I do, and it is a really funny story I don't think I have ever told anyone in the family. I have told it on the mission though. It is really funny. I always assumed if you held a girls hand it meant you liked her. Then again, people said I was always the more chivalrous type. The little Twerp better be glad that this happened while I was on my mission, if not, I would have an empty bullet casing hanging around my neck with the name T.P. engraved on it!!! I would be out for real blood if Brooklyn was kissing on the boy, I would skin both of them... ALIVE!!!!! Although let this be a warning to any young man with his sights on Brooklyn Paxman.  I may be over a thousand miles away, but I have friends in high places, I will make your life a living nightmare if there is any funny business!!!! Let it be known that in 6 months’ time, I, Elder Benjamin Paxman, then just Benjamin Paxman, will violently scalp any young man who messes with my sister, and that will be if the pre-mentioned youngster gets off lightly!!! [8-{(  Juan is watching you!!
Anyway on to lighter material hahaha ;)

The work has been quite frankly really rough. We are struggling trying to find people to teach. Although this Tuesday we have some promising lessons and tonight another good one, so we will see how things go. We are really working on finding people, we fasted to find people to teach, and now we just got to keep trying.

So did I ever tell you how the puppy story ended? Well Guapo the member we were watching the dog for. (who is the Nehrings oldest son) came and got the dog. Well after the first night he discovers he is allergic to the thing and gives it away!!! So I watched some monster of a puppy for 5 days only to have it be given away!! Yea that was an interesting conversation!! hahaha I love dogs, but I stand by the White Handbook of God which states that missionaries are to not have pets in any form! I agree thank you very much!! So a few days ago Guapo shows up again with his kids. One of his little boys says "want to see our new dog"... WHAT!?!?! You got rid of the first one to get another! Well it turns out the dog is a husky a really beautiful dog that followed him home. The dog didn’t have a collar or anything so he tried to find the owner to no avail. Luckily we didn't have to watch this one. Well about two days later he comes in and mentions that he no longer has that dog either! Turns out he lost the lost dog... Don't even ask. hahaha so that was kind of a funny story. Although, it is hard to explain over email and probably something you had to be there for.

Are you and the companion still getting along great? Things are still great with the comp. I feel bad with being sick a bit lately. I hope he is managing okay.

Did you make new goals or New Year’s resolutions in the mission? We did make new goals. One of mine is being 6 months to sexy!!! I must do it! hahaha  We made a few others as well. Transfers are in about a week. We will/should be staying together to finish Elder Ryan’s training, and like you said, we will then have to separate. I have really enjoyed serving with Elder Ryan. I hope he has liked it as well. Those are worries I have with every companion though. You always hope they enjoy serving with you as much as you enjoyed serving with them. haha

Pictures this week?  Sorry, no picture this week, I don't have a way to send pictures I need a card reader or something to be able to do that.

So now for the spiritual story of the week. So this week I have actually learned a ton of different things. It is really hard to just talk about one. Plus I do not have a ton of time left so I have to make it kind of short. So some thoughts I have had, have been about sufferings, temptations and challenges in this life. All of us are called to suffer through a few things in this life. It is simply part of life. Some are called to suffer through more than others it seems, but to all it is hard in its own right. No one is better because they have suffered more. Lately, I have been thinking of why in my young years of live, well relatively young, why my life has been the way it is. I firmly believe that we are all called to pass through hard things in this life for our benefit. I know this because I have experienced it. A thought I have had lately is sometimes we are called to suffer so that further on in the Journey we may help some other poor soul who is suffering. We suffer and struggle not only for ourselves at times, but for those who we are called to aid. I have recently remembered many of my trials that I have had in this life, and how they have made and helped me grow. I am so thankful for them in every way. I am so grateful for the trials and challenges we pass through, not because we wish for them or desire them, but because they make us stronger, which in turn can help those around us become stronger. I have decided to share my past medical trials, especially with more people, as well as other experiences in my life. I remember once someone telling me that sometimes the only Bible people will ever read is the story and legacy of your own life. Or in other words the book of Benjamin for my case or the book of whom ever you may be. So that was profound to me. So I hope to heed the Saviors council when He talked of letting our light so shine so that we may be the light for those who still may be in darkness. So don't be afraid to share your life, the struggles and blessings with those around you, it will bring blessings as you have never seen. Not only in your life, but in the lives of those you touch. I know this because I have seen it and felt of it for myself. I love you so much and hope that you have an amazing week!! You will hear from me probably again on Monday so things will be back to normal. Love you all and Eche le Gannas!

Love, Elder Paxman 

P.S. “Eche le gannas” translates to “throw the desires”. So go chase after your dreams and live the best you can kind of a thing. And Kia Kaha! (Forever Strong)

No comments: