Monday, May 11, 2015

Jesus is the Christ, 7 Weeks left to serve!

 He is holding a microphone, it was supposed to help with background noise. 


We convinced him to do something funny... this was his pose. :)

WE had an amazing 1 hour Skype with Elder Paxman last night, our last one..  We feel blessed we have had 5, 3 mother's days and 2 Christmases. So this letter is very short.

Also, it is official, we received Elder Paxman's travel itinerary, he will arrive home June 30th at 10:12 a.m. 

Dear Mom,

I am not getting buff sadly, we have been struggling the last few days working out. My body is trying to kill me lately; it feels like yesterday and today I have been running a fever and have been achy all over and tired... It stinks, also sleep is going pretty bad, so hopefully that will fix itself here soon.
  
Are you okay with having your homecoming on July 19th?  I know it’s almost 20 days after you get home, but the weekend before is Calin’s farewell and I thought you would want to be to that. Yes I do.  I am excited to hear him speak and be there for him!

During our skype you said you were wearing a suit that was left in the apartment.  Do missionaries often leave stuff on purpose and have you left stuff behind before? Yea we always leave stuff. I have left all sorts of things it various on the area, mostly just food, sometimes some random stuff. It all depends.

Elder Paxman skyped us from an investigators home after giving them a lesson and having dinner.  How did the lesson with the investigators go?  Did they seem really interested? We kind of made a return appointment, they were not the most interested, they are a little hesitant, but they said we could come back. So we will see we are hoping to just go little by little with them.

Are these investigators the same ones you asked us to add to our prayers last week? Yes if I remember right it is.

Transfers are next week, do you hope you get to stay and finish out your mission in Lafayette?  I hope you do. I hope I get to stay as well, but I will go and do the things that the Lord hath commanded, right?! Yea I will keep you posted about that.

How has the work been this past week?  I wanted to ask more about that in our Skype, but with the investigators being around I didn’t want to do that. Any fun stories? Well as far as the work goes, things are going good. We are still trying to find more people, and help as many as we can along the way. Other than that a lot is pretty much the same. Stories, I do not really have any, except me trying to jump a chain-link fence and cutting myself on a rusty fence and maybe breaking a finger... tehehehehe yea that was right before I talked to you guys hahaha. No just kidding, I just jammed it badly I think, it’s a little swollen and starting to bruise. The cut wasn't deep just enough to draw a little blood that is about it. So yep adventures.

Anyway spiritual thought. I shared it in my testimony at the end of our Skype, but it was in Spanish so you probably didn't understand it. So this last week I was reading in Jesus the Christ (it is next to the toilet in our apartment, hehehe).  I read a part and for some reason it coupled with the scripture touched my heart in such a way, it was amazing. It is one I have heard so many times, yet it was very powerful to me at this time, I think for several reasons. So the scripture is in Matthew and probably a few other places haha. I am not sure; I am not the greatest at the scriptures. Anyway it goes like this basically. Christ after talking to a multitude asks the disciples "Who do you think I am?? "Or whom thinkest thou me??”  If you want more scriptural sounding. One of the twelve then goes on to say, stuff like people say you are a prophet, some say Elias, and some John the Baptist brought back to life. Anyway Christ than asks again but whom do YOU think I am? Peter being that eager apostle and loving friend says "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God..." Afterwards Christ says something like, “you do not know this by wisdom or sight, but because my Father which is in Heaven has given it unto you”. When I read this it almost brought me to tears, because I felt then as I do now, that Jesus is indeed the Christ, and I know it not of myself, but because the Father hath granted it unto me by the Holy Ghost. I have known this in degrees throughout most of my life, but I have found out, that often times we learn the same lessons over and over again in this life. It was one of those sweet moments for me to re-learn or realize again that great knowledge, which in turn helped me to realize something of my Pat. Blessing which was really cool. So anyway that was my cool experience for the week. I think we all strive like Peter to say those same sweet words. I know, as I have known earlier in my life, that Jesus is the Christ, the very son of God. It has blessed my life, and can bless the lives of others. I know it. It means so much to me and can to so many others. I love that I have come to know this, and I cherish it greatly. Well I love you and I will talk to you next week. I hope you have a great week! I love you all so much.

Love, Elder Paxman 


No comments: