Monday, May 20, 2013

I saw the Goodyear Blimp!


Hey Dad

I would love those books.  We are allowed to read and I would love all of those... And any posters you think that I would like especially cool ones, ones of Christ and anything else you think I would like.  I can never have too many of those.  Also, with the music anything you think I would like!  

That’s ok about the snail mail.  I am just starting to get a little better at that. I have seen one or two elders getting snail mail by dear elder so if you want to use that it will be fine.  

Oh on the field side we do A TON of tracting!!! hahahaha I feel the same but I also enjoy it, although we are going to change our tactics a little and try out some other things here. One that I am excited for is putting our names down as Pastors at the Hospital. It makes me think back of a story that happened to me in the hospital that I don't think I have told any of you.  It was one of the days I was on my own for a time and a Christian Pastor dressed in black poked his head in and we started to talk. I told him that I was LDS, he said he guessed as much,  but that that didn’t matter to him. He would visit with me anyway.  We then talked about Christ and other fun Gospel topics. I saw in that moment, that even if people aren't of our faith that they are still great people. I believe that was like my second stay in the hospital.  It was amazing just to have someone to talk to about things, especially a man who was a stranger brought that happiness to me just to talk to him.  I want to be able to do that for some other person in need.  Remember that God’s blessings come in every way shape and form.  Whether it be a minister not of my faith or a deck that is being a pain in the keester. We often forget what message is given to us in D&C 121 and 122 when Joseph is in Liberty jail.  I invite you to read it and ponder it for yourself, because it is one that has helped and helps me every day to be able to deal with the events of my life.  I am also way excited for Spanish.  Even though I am bad at it now it will get better, simply because for every shadow that is cast on the ground there hast to be a light behind it.  

Well I love you so much dad and I can’t wait to hear from you next week I will also try and get better at snail mail... I am bad at it.  Keep an eye on the Fam for me ;) oh and make sure to be there for Cameron in everything, I can only imagine what he is going through right now.  I keep him in my prayers. Love you so much dad, stay strong as you have always been for me and be that same light on the hill for others as you were and are for me. 

With all of my will, Elder Paxman (Luke 15: Last parable)

P.S. I enjoy the entire chapter it is really good, you will recognize the stories quickly. 

Mom,

Things have been going good here.  I am finally back to full health which I love because I hate being sick. This last week was rough to say the least.  We had about 25 lessons planned I think like 28, but we only taught six!!!! They all fell through or bailed on us so we are trying some new things out. I also took for granted our ward because the Branch here doesn’t help at all except the Ward mission leader.  That is what we are going to focus on, helping the members, as well as gators.(I assume this is short for investigators) The baptism went great she loved it and we still teacher her because we teach after baptism lessons which are all the same lessons just a little different.  

Something cool happened, I saw the GOODYEAR BLIMP!!!!!!!! I had never seen it before and it was sick!!!! Oh also we have free tickets to MOTABS touring concert, so we are going to that with some gators and it should be awesome.  

Yes I can listen to EFY type of music.  There are 2 specific CD's I want.  One is called “Joseph”, the other “The Work”, they are by like a Nashville tribute or something.  Also, anything else similar to those.  You can NOT listen to “The Work” CD because it has a song on there that I want you to listen to about one week before I come home in 2 years... So no, no listening!! 

Also it is by my choice that I don’t have a blanket on my bed.  It is because it gets too hot so I sleep with a sheet. So don’t worry about that.  I am addicted to otter pops, but the no name brand. I got a box of 100 this week and the remainder of the one last week because me and my companions cruise through them, they are way cheap, like 4 bucks for a box and very refreshing.  

So how did you like the pictures?? I took a few good ones if I do say so myself... :P So that has been just about it here in the field I am glad the Recital and everything went well. We did have like a hurricane here, it was ridiculous and we weren’t prepared so we got absolutely dumped on and soaked.  It was really fun though. 

Anyway I will wrap up because I have to email dad too.   A word of advice for your young women... (I had told him that our lesson this last week was on how to make our prayers more meaningful) Prayer is the key to many things in this life, accompanied with the Book of Mormon and other words from prophets.  Prayer, in the easiest way for me to explain is a direct connection between us and Heavenly Father. Not that we can talk to him but that he listens! He listens to our hearts and minds just as much as our words. One thing that is forgotten is that he answers and that is where I see people struggle.  They pray, but only for their own self benefit and I know that sounds weird but many times we pray because we are supposed to or because it’s what we are told.  If you pray simply to ask for yourself or to sit there and go through the motions you are not only robbing yourself but you are robbing God.  People expect all too often that all of the sudden a voice will enter their mind or they will "see a pillar of light" but those things are very rare, and for the people who desire those things they are often the least prepared to receive them. Prayer is essential to everything we do, for it is our own personal connection with God, a TWO WAY connection... If you do not listen how can we expect to receive an answer.... Also answers come thru everything in this life, but I have found the greatest being modern prophets, the Book of Mormon, D&C, Bible etc... Prayer is so essential, and it took me forever to realize it... and really I ask myself if I was truly praying.... I do not want them or anyone that I come in contact with to get to that point, because it is hard to come back from the Brink.... Anyway that is my advice.... I love you so much Mommy and I hope you are having a great time!! 

With all my soul, your son Elder Paxman 

No comments: