Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm Feeling Good


Thoughts from Mom:  We had a great conversation with Elder Paxman yesterday, Mother’s Day.  We talked for a little over an hour.  He is doing fantastic.  It was great to hear his voice and know his health is better.  I can always tell how he is feeling by the sound of his voice.  He is feeling great!  The Mission Presidents wife also called me on Saturday night to assure me he is feeling better.  We were able to get him medicine that is working. 

He is loving his experience in Indiana so far.  He did say it is hard some days, and some days are not great, but he knows they will make him stronger and a better person. He said it is an experience he is loving! His Spanish is coming along.  Not as quickly as he would like, but progress is progress.  He bore his testimony to us in Spanish and it was awesome to hear.  It’s going to be a long wait till Christmas to hear his voice again. J  

Mom, 

Things are going great here I am feeling good and eating a lot again, but I agree and I will be watching my food intake and keep everything in mind.  This e-mail is going to be short, sadly we had an issue with laundry and getting the car in for tire rotation so e-mail time was cut short to comply with a dinner appointment we have.... Sorry.  In my snail-mail I will include more details, then you can just type it up and put it up on the blog and stuff.  

I have heard of the “Walking Dead” and I had seen a few before I left, it is pretty good. A movie everyone is saying you have to see is one called Oblivion.  It has Tom Cruise in it and it looked really good when we saw the preview at home, but everyone is saying it is amazing and really good.  

My list of stuff to include in my package is more like this:
CD's. We can’t use IPods’, at least not right now so lots of those for the car.
Mints tons of them.
Pictures of the Fam and the family pictures, as well as others, oh some of just me, include some of the older ones.  People really want to see the change of weight and height and stuff from my surgeries.
Cookies if you can.
TIES like 3 of them
PEZ I like those.
Anything else you think I would like. J

Oh sorry, I had to use my debit card for groceries today.  It was about 40 bucks, for 2 reasons one I had to get cash back for quarters for laundry and the smallest amount they had was 20, and two because I hadn’t received my balance as of last week so I wasn’t sure where I was on money on my card.  

Anyway we have our first baptism tomorrow which is AWESOME!!!!!!!  I am so excited for the people. I am doing something called the "Purification Process" in a good from Elder Cook a while ago.  (I have tried to decipher what word he meant to put here instead of good, I have no idea, If anyone knows what he is referring to, please share so we can read it and do it) It is awesome and I highly suggest the family do it, at least choose one thing. I promise it will help with so much stuff.  

I loved the pictures you sent in the e-mail keep those up of things you see and do while I am out here as well. Well I should probably wrap up because I don't have much time.  I hope to include more in my letter home through snail-mail it will be sent tomorrow so it will get there probably around Saturday. 

With all my love, Elder Paxman  

1 comment:

Bailee said...

Maybe he meant Book?

Glad he's doing better. It was so fun to talk to him on Sunday:)