Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Humidity is a Beast!


Hey, sorry this is leaving on Tuesday, the library was closed on Monday because of the Holiday so we got to mail today, although quite a bit less time so I can't make it really long...

The humidity here is a beast, especially on the days it rains than stops because it just sticks to you.  It makes us all so sweaty and nasty... In fact a fun story for you, so yesterday we were up in the Carmel area because it is dodge ball p-day that day.  While we were in Carmel playing dodge ball it was sunny but just a little after some pretty hefty looking clouds rolled in.  We were in Arby's eating (which by the way I had to use the personal card again because of the whole library closed thing I didn’t know how much I had exactly on my missionary funds so I just used personal to be safe all of our companions did). So anyway we go to Arby's to eat and all of the sudden it starts coming down in torrents outside and my trainer (Elder Cozzens) had hit his head pretty bad playing football earlier that day and had a nice gash, we/I had to super glue which was awesome, anyway, we didn’t really want it to get wet because we just finished super gluing it like 20 min before.  Me and the visa waiter (Elder McDaniel) had to run out to the car and get his umbrella.  We fling open the door to the restaurant and sprint the 20 yards or so to the car, we both dive into it and we are soaking wet!!  We were only out in the rain for probably 12 seconds and we were so wet that my planner got thrashed as well as a receipt in my wallet.  We were literally dripping wet in just ten seconds, it was ridiculous!  After we get him the umbrella it slows to just a light rain :/ ridiculous right!! It was really fun though.  

Other than that, much has been the same.  No new gators really, just one or two is all, which is good but we will see how they go.  We usually pick up a lot but they either don’t show interest or we can never meet with them again for a second appointment... So that kind of stinks. 

I am loving it here though... So with members we have been eating with them a little more now since we changed our focus onto the members and referrals, because we know we can get so many investigators this way.  We are also focusing on the less actives because there are over 500 in our branch, 500!!!!! That just aint right!! Anyway so we are busy here that is for sure.  We eat mostly original Mexican food, which is good.  My stomach is doing great still.  Although my favorite meal we have been fed so far (although it kind of reminded me of home and the good old days haha) was someone made us fresh hamburgers and hot dogs it was sooooo goood, except they put guac on it which was actually pretty good.  So that was awesome. I have been taking pictures of the food they feed me so my next SD card home will be awesome with a bunch of food haha. The Spanish is coming, I am still way bad at it, but they say it is improving daily... 

I believe we can get packages either way I have seen them get them both ways, the mission office is probably the safer or better bet. I just might not get it till next district or zone meeting, which isn’t till later.  Or they might forward it too, whichever one is quicker. Well I am loving it here more and more every day.  I still have to write dad and bai so I will wrap it up because I only have like 10 more minutes. Love you mom let me know how things go and questions are always great if I can remember them.

Your son and humble servant, Elder Paxman
*email received Tuesday May 28th due to the Library being closed in Memorial Day.

No comments: