Monday, June 3, 2013

Chasing Rabbits


Dear Mom,

I will start by answering some of your questions first, haha.  We get 70$ every two weeks and we have to budget it, which is nice. My staple diet is TOAST!!!! I eat about 6 pieces a day when we come back to our apartment during the day and when not about 3. My companions think I am nuts but it’s cheap and I can buy it in bulk.  

(I told him that I saw one of his friends on facebook just got called to the Indiana mission and wondered if he knew who it was)  Chris Rowe, yea I remember him, he is from North Star but I doubt he’d remember me... and by the time he gets to the field I will be more than 6 months old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That freaks me out!!  2 of my 16 transfers are gone!!!!! It is way weird.  One of the older missionaries I have become good friends with goes home tomorrow, Tuesday!! It is very weird and sad. Sundays we meet at the same Branch every week where about 80 people attend and 6-8 of them are missionaries, although the last two weeks we have had about 100 with investigators.  

(I had told him a funny story about a family friend named Ken) Kenny is a goofus and tell him Hi for me and that he needs to write or email me some of his crazy adventures and just how life is for him back home!!  

I actually don’t hear much about the playoffs. BUT the whole city was in uproar on not this Sunday but the last one, as the INDIE 500 was here!!!! You could hear the cars from outside our church building which is nowhere even close to the race track.!!! It was cool, and I say the Goodyear Blimp!!!!! Which was sick!!! I tried to get a picture but it failed... It was cool though. (Clearly he forgot that he already mentioned this…it must have been a highlight for him as he is mentioning it again. Ha ha)  

Anyway things are going great here. I did get the package and loved it, who picked out the Lower Lights CD?? I guessed Bai, it is the kind of the music she would listen to with some backwoods twang, one of my companions says it sounds like the Lumineers. Anyway it was awesome, and I loved the ties, any of those you want to send are more than appreciated. Elder McDaniel is still here and we haven’t heard anything about his Visa but I bet he is here for another six weeks or so. Things here are going great.  Transfers are Wednesday, we already found out we are all three staying here which is nice.  

Please tell Trenton for me that my P-days are Monday and that I sent him an e-mail today, he might not check since he doesn’t know, but I want him to read it before he gets into the MTC. I got a Haircut today which was in dire need, and after, I got hit on by a group of about 10 drunkards (men and women) it was funny but really creepy.... It was kind of funny.  

We now get fed about twice a week and we continue to work at getting more as we talk with members more and get them involved in Missionary work and fellow shipping. That is why we lose so many of our recent converts. Tracting and Teaching are going good, a pain sometimes but good, I am shy and don't speak a whole lot but they make me and I try too, but I struggle, although I have improved a ton thank goodness. But, Elder Cozzens likes to talk A LOT, he is very long winded. Anywho I got both packages one on Saturday and one today. The box Saturday and both posters today, I loved the packages, definitely more Cds especially ones you think I would like.  

Well things are going pretty normal here otherwise, it rains a ton here, and it is very hard and fun, loving and growing to love it more and more each day. Well I still have to write Bai so I will end with a story. So in the mornings we have about 30-35 min for workout, this used to consist of lying on the floor and doing the floating moss pose in yoga, (which is just lying there and sleeping) or the occasional crunch and stuff, but now we found out that we have a Frisbee!! We also have a field next to our apartments so we now go play Frisbee, which I am bad at but it is still fun.  Also there are little rabbits all over the field that are kind of slow, so my first instinct of course was to chase them hahaha so that gets me pumped for the day and having lots of energy. My companions laugh at me because I am running around chasing the rabbits in a bright yellow hoody and gym shorts at like full speed, so at times I look really stupid but I enjoy it greatly. Well I love you all so much and I pray for you daily. 

Love, your son, Elder Paxman 

No comments: